Okay motorcycle riders we don’t need to add our name to the long list of those who have told you it isn’t safe to ride a bike. We know you know the risks but what you may not know is how important it is to have a top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix Arizona bikers rely on to represent them should they become involved in an accident. The truth is many motorcycle accidents are the fault of the person driving the car or truck not the the person riding the motorcycle. There is a bias though that the guy on the bike must have done something wrong. That’s one reason why it is so important to have a top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix Arizona residents trust when they’re injured in an accident-these lawyers know how to fight against this type of bias.
There are also some steps a top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix Arizona trust with their cases will suggest to help not only keep you safe but also help make your case stronger if you are injured in accident. First, it’s best if you, the rider, are taking all available safety precautions when head out on your bike, such as wearing a helmet, making sure your motorcycle is in good working order, and wearing leathers or appropriate protective clothing. The second step is to connect with a top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix, Arizona bikers know understand the law and are experienced in handling motorcycle accident cases.
You might say, wait, I haven’t had an accident, I don’t need a lawyer now. But the nature of motorcycle accidents are such that they are often quite serious and should you find yourself a victim of one it is likely you will not be in any condition to start searching for a lawyer, and your family and loved ones will be focused on your medical care, they shouldn’t have the added stress of finding a good lawyer. So yes, now is the time to begin the hunt for a top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix Arizona bikers retain when they are victims of accidents. Read on for five things to look for when choosing a top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix Arizona rely on time and time again.
- Experience: We referenced this above but cannot stress enough how important it is to find a lawyer with experience in motorcycle accidents–not a general law practice. You want a top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix Arizona residents trust with their lives–this is actually what is often at stake in a serious motorcycle accident. You need someone who is aware of the intricacies of motorcycle injury law, and who has a proven track record of obtaining fair settlements or of winning verdicts for their clients.
- Reputation: A top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix, Arizona residents recognize is one that can be easily researched, especially with all the information available today. Check out the attorney’s history, read his/her bio as well as that of their law firm.
- Fee: One of the good things about hiring a lawyer in an accident case is that these types of cases are generally handled on a contingency basis. This means that you do not pay the lawyer unless he/she obtains an acceptable settlement and/or verdict on your behalf. What you want to make sure of is what that contingency fee is — usually it’s 33 ⅓ of the settlement or verdict but many lawyers charge 40% if the case does not settle and a lawsuit has to be filed. So the fee might be 40% of the post filing settlement or of the verdict. You may also want to find out what other expenses the lawyer may charge and for which you will be responsible like photocopies or medical records.
- Retainer Agreement: A top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix Arizona resident hire will likely have you sign a retainer agreement upon hiring. This retainer agreement does not require a deposit or money (the word retainer is also used to refer to that but that is not how we are using it here). A retainer agreement is basically a “form document” that the lawyer uses for most of his/her cases. Read it carefully, ask questions. A top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix, Arizona residents trust will gladly explain any part of the retainer agreement about which you have a question.
- Trust/Personal Connection: Listen to your gut. Do you trust this person to represent you, to speak for you? During your conversations and interactions, is he/she taking the time to listen and understand your situation thoroughly? If you feel as if there are any red flags or it just doesn’t “feel right”, keep interviewing. The lawyer client relationship is an important one and must be based on trust. There is nothing worse–for both parties–when trust is missing.
When you’ve identified a top motorcycle accident lawyer Phoenix Arizona bikers regularly rely on and about whom you feel good, we think you will feel better when you strap on that helmet and hit the open road on your bike. We know we sure would!